- "Observe the sick.
- Never let a patient be waked out of his sleep.
- Avoid unnecessary noise: Whisper outside the room.
- View and sunlight are matters of first importance to the sick.
- Leading questions are useless or misleading.
- Obtain accurate information.
- Be confidential.
- Children are much more susceptible than grown people to noxious Influences… They are affected by the same things, but much more quickly and seriously.”
From the book Advice to the Healer: On the Art of Caring, by Dr. Richard Colgan MD. I STILL really need to read this book, and its companion Advice to the Young Physician: On the Art of Medicine.